


On Friday night last week we went to the West Tennessee State Fair. It was okay. Fairs out here are not what they are at home (Utah, Idaho) there are not sheds with cows, sheep, goats, bunnies, or any other animals for that matter. There was however a building with a canned goods and largest melon or gourd display. There were some quilts and other sewing and a few pictures. Mostly when people out here say they are "going to the fair" they mean going to the carnival rides. The one interesting thing was an "exotic" petting zoo. Ben loved it. I am going to attempt to post the petting zoo pics in a slide show.
2 comments:
I was looking at your pictures thinking that your fair must surpass that of FC's. The canned goods always puzzle me. How do they judge those, exactly? I do have to admit that there were some awesome entries in the FC fair from Mary Ann Marsh. I'm really sorry you missed those, the 4 H clothing displays and the smelly chicken/rabbit/pigeon building.
Oh, to answer your question, we are moving to southeastern Alabama. Ft. Rucker, to be exact. It is directly north of the Florida panhandle.
Post a Comment