Monday, September 1, 2008

A "sign" of the times...

Sorry not cute pics to accompany this entry. Just a little update on Benjamin and the world we share! I am happy to report that he has finally decided to use some of the sign-language we have been working on. He will do "more" and "milk". The really funny thing is the last couple of days we have noticed he has started using the "milk" sign for any general want. Bear, Blanket, Picked up, just whatever. We are trying to alleviate this by giving him only his sippy cup when he does milk, but alas I do believe he is smarter than us and we may have created a monster!!

On another note. He seems to be picking up on the idea of toy "clean-up". Friday when I was getting ready to take him out of the bath I started singing the cleanup song and putting his tub toys in the basket, to Matt's and my complete shock , he started picking up toys and putting them in the basket too. Of course Matt and I made a huge ta do about it and clapped and cheered and told him what a good boy he is. Then his morning during pre-nap bedroom clean-up he actually put some toys in the basket!! I am soo glad Mom told me a few weeks ago to start working on clean-up with him and not just always do it myself! Maybe he will grow up to be a neat tidy person!!! (a mom can hope!)

No comments: