Friday, August 3, 2012

First attempt at bagels and the Knee Saga

The Monday after we returned from Texas I decided to try my hand at making bagels. We had soo many delicious bagels and smear while were were at the Parker's and the kids were begging for more. Since I make out sandwich bread and pizza crusts, I thought why not bagels?

 And it was going GREAT!! These beauties are just waiting to be boiled!! Then this happened...

WARNING!! GRAPHIC PICTURE OF BEN'S KNEE INJURY BELOW!!!





 He came running into the kitchen and showed me this. I Facetimed mom because Matt was at work and wanted a second opinion if it was ER worthy. She agreed that it was and we took off. This picture was actually taken at the hospital while we were waiting. We are really blessed to have friends that are family. I called Aaron because I didn't know if Matt would be able to leave work to help with Clara. Aaron and Rachel and Brandon were all at the er entrance to meet us! and Aaron had made sure Matt knew how important it was to come (some times I don't really tell him cause I don't want to seem like a woos) Anyway Ben was glad to see his uncles his auntie and his Daddy when we got to the hospital! Aaron and Rachel took Clara home for us and put her to bed, again. Which was a really good think because we ended up being there for 7 HOURS!! yup, NEVER go to the ER on a Monday night if you can in any way avoid it!

Ben was a champ! after sitting in the waiting room for 6 hours we finally got back and the PA decided it did need stitches and they put some numbing gel on it.

 Well, that gel only managed to numb half the wound. He wanted to go home so bad that he chose to let the PA put the stitches in with out it numb rather than wait for more meds. He called out a little but was SOOOO brave!! He had a total of 12 stitches.
 The sweet nurses were soo impressed by his bravery and good behavior they went up to the peds ward and got him this Little General Dog to take home. He loved it immediately!
 This is what it looked like to go home.
 and this  is how it looked the next day.
 This is what was left of my bagel attempt.
 These three were boiled, just not baked. So sad.... Sigh
 This is the bed corner that started it all. Yup he was running around his room with sissy when they were supposed to be sleeping. He fell and caught his knee in that little open gap. GROSS!! and yes that is blood on the carpet!
This is what the next couple of days looked like.  I should mention here that this is only the BEGINNING of the Knee Saga..... It has been a long summer!

No comments: