Yes, I gave my two and a half year old a violin. Yes, he is very rough with it. and Yes, I am glad I did! He has been asking me for months now for a violin, mostly to play mine. He also had started trying to touch students violins. I decided it was time to give him his own. The one he is currently using is too big, but I had it on hand and it is already well used. A friend of mine, and student, has a smaller one she is going to let us borrow. I think he is doing pretty darn good! specially taking into account his age and that I have given him no other instruction than to hold the bow by the frog! As soon as I took it out of the case he knew how to hold it up to his shoulder! Guess he pays more attention at violin time than I thought! Fair warning the following videos are harsh- they are, after all, a 2 year old playing a violin!
He is sooo excited about the violin and asks several times each day to get his violin out! As a matter of fact it prompted his very first 3 word sentence! He was on the phone with Grammy and told her, "Ben's violin out" and then did just that and played for her!
2 comments:
WOW! i think he did great! I am super impressed with how he holds it! I'm pretty sure Izzy would try to impale James with a violin at this point!
Cute! I was actually very impressed with that at only two wow!
Post a Comment