Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Discovery Museum

Our friend Rachel is the curator of Jackson's Discovery Museum. They currently have a display on traditional American music. Friday night they had some shape note singers there and Santa Claus (played by Rachel's Dad!) so we took Ben down to see the exhibit and Santa (we hoped he may warm up to someone he actually knew!) It was allot of fun!


This is Rachel's husband, Aaron, he put the head phones on Ben and played him some of the music. Ben loved it, and wasn't sure what to think of Dad's impression of... old rock 'n' roll?


This is the "children friendly" discovery zone, I'll be darned if he doesn't know how to use that abacus! Amazing!!!

Then it was off to see Santa. I did not go quite as well as I had hoped, but Santa was a Great sport and we got some really cute pictures!


Ben and Santa went for a little ride! I am going to do an entire post about the rocking horses!

2 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

Matt is so crazy. Ben seems mesmorized by Santa. You should be proud that he's not screaming in terror, even if he knew the guy.

Christine said...

Scott loves shape note singers. He would have loved to go.

Looks like you had fun.

I read and really liked Wish You Well. Nina read it too.