Thursday, December 4, 2008

After Turkey Day

The day after Thanksgiving we loaded up and headed to Seaworld San Antonio. It was sooo much fun. We saw the sea lion show, the dolphin/diving show, and the shamu show. There was also a limited amount of roller coaster riding. Ben loved all of the shows but got a bit scared during the shamu show and we had to walk outside, big mammal, loud music, scared baby. It happens.


Apparently Shamu is Spanish. Merry Christmas is Merry Christmas no matter the language!


Outside the shamu show Jamesie went for a little ride on the plastic shamu. He tried to talk Ben into it, but no dice, he was happier just talking to it from Matt's arms.







This is the roller coaster Matt and my Mom rode, yes you read that correctly, my MOM!!! This is one of those rides were you are suspended from the track, not sitting on it in a car!!! They are crazy!! They loved it, Mom was a little pale and a little out of breath, but I think she would do it again!!!





I rode one with them called the Steel Eel. It does not go upside down at all!! But it is HUGE and drops over 150 feet!! It is a 3 minute ride, and I was sure I was about to die for the entire 3 minutes. I held on soo tightly that when we got off the ride my hands cramped up and I looked like I had crab claws, lasted about 10 minutes! We did not take any pictures of this coaster, so here is a link to pics on the Sea World website! I felt pretty brave, course it helps to have your almost 60 - something mother volunteering for all the rides!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/seaworldsa/sets/72157608235256778/show/

Just as we were getting ready to leave we spotted Santamu. We took a photo op quickly before Ben bolted! It was a great trip, maybe we will use this for our Christmas cards this year!



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great picture with Santamu! And I really like the ones of the kids on the plastic Shamu! Ah. What a fun trip!

April and Michael Maughan said...

My sister-in-law is in the dolphin show. I wish I'd known you were going! She would have taken you back to pet the dolphins or the belugas. I know she was working that weekend. We went several times when we were living in Texas, but haven't been since she was in the Viva show. I wish I'd been there!