Monday, June 21, 2010
Teaching Moment
Last week after Ben got out of the bath was on my bed and I had combed his hair and needed to put a diaper on him. He decided to run away from me. I told him to stop but he was being naughty. Well, he fell off the bed and smacked his mouth on the side of the bassinet that sits next to our bed. The result was the swollen lip below. Now some folks would have immediately loved him better and hugged and kissed and what not. After an inspection to access the seriousness of the injury and finding it minor I seized the teaching moment. "See, Ben, this is why we don't run from mommy, and we stop when she tells us to. Otherwise we get ouches!" Then a hug and, "shake it off". I sometimes wonder just how screwed up my kids will be as adults!!??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You did the right thing! Minor injuries = lessons learned. He looks so cute in the 2nd picture. :)
Post a Comment