Friday, May 18, 2012

The Garden Saga

Okay, so we decided to make a valiant effort at a vegetable garden this year. First I asked Matt to modify my existing garden.  Instead of one large 16X13 bed he divided it in to 4 3.4X13 beds. This makes it much more manageable for me to do alone.


I prepped the soil with the aid of my handy new  manual tiller. Good abs work out if you want to know!




The kids and I started every thing inside from seeds.  I must admit the plants in the above and following pictures all died. Well not the tiny little pea plants you see, but they obviously didnt get put out in this round of planting.

Here they are. The next morning the looked awful! The next morning they were dead!! As in returning to the soil already! So sad.  But I was not about to let this be the end! I tried again. More to come!

No comments: