For me the toddler leash is a safety device. Like a car seat or baby gate. At fifteen months he is the size of a 2 year old and surprisingly quick. So, while I teach him to hold my hand and stay close to me when out and about, he gets to wear the monkey backpack. It is pretty cute because he hugged and loved on the monkey and has now figured out that if I pick it up it means we are leaving and he heads for the door. Matt is counting the days to see how long it takes Ben to get the monkey off his back!
2 comments:
I love kid leashes! We couldn't survive without one. I don't care if I get funny looks sometimes. With Charlie it would be bad parenting NOT to have him on a leash.
I love that Ben looks so excited to have it on. Big kids wear backpacks, right?
We have the monkey as well. A lady in "The Walmart" shook her head at me and said, "Now that's just wrong!". I asked her if it was better to let a kid run free in the store. I'm glad Ben likes his monkey.
Post a Comment